Saturday, August 10, 2013

Love Many Things

for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well. 
:: Vincent Van Gogh

Ragan and I recently did what may have been the greatest 5k on the planet. The Electric Run, KC. Like most races, the sooner you sign up, the cheaper your registration. R.R. signed up first, and due to work taking their time giving me two days off, I signed up later. On top of registration fee, we also had to pay $5 to pick up our race packets on site (as neither of us live in KC, this was the only way) and $10 to park. This race was a bit of a money pit. We considered that just perhaps this would be a one time race, a good experience, but not one to be repeated. It turned out to be a great experience. Easily the most beautiful and energetic races I've done to this date. I'm not a fan of big crowds, they make me somewhat claustrophobic, but the energy at this big crowd was entirely positive, happy, excited.. Infectious.

I'm ready to sign up for next year. 

Hell, I'm ready to follow the race around the country like a groupie.







2 comments:

B.o.B. said...

That looks super fun!!! Love the neon but hate the fees. Thanks for swinging by my blog. :)

Unknown said...

It was FANTASTIC! The energy there was unlike anything I've ever been involved in. It was like a secret club meeting that only runners can be members of :)